The Kansas Authors Collection at Kenneth Spencer Research Library in Lawrence, includes the Kansas Authors Club Library. Memorabilia stored there, including books published by Kansas Authors Club members, has been collected by the club since 1907.
The collection was initially housed at the home of George Morehouse, an officer of the club. In the 1920s and 30s, part of the collection was displayed at the Kansas Free State Fair in Topeka, and became a permanent display at the Mid-West Exposition, which became the Kansas State Fair. In intervening years, the collection was housed at the Salina Public Library and at the Topeka Women's Club. The club's arrangement with Spencer Research Library began began in 1986.
Simmons and Polansky visited to clarify the arrangement. Books that have been submitted by members to the clubs book contests each year will be donated to the collection, as well as annual yearbooks and newsletters. This is a non-circulating collection, available for research and viewing upon request.
History of the collection is detailed in Donald Stewart Pady's History of the Kansas Authors Club, 1904-2014 (page 99-102) The publication is available for online viewing by members on the "member pages" of this website and for purchase here.