KAC elected officers Tracy Million Simmons, Kristine Polansky, Monica Graves, and Cathy Callen met via Zoom on Thursday, February 10, 2022, to discuss KAC issues and begin preparations for the spring Board meeting. That meeting will be held by Zoom at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 26th. An agenda will be published on the website prior to that date, and all KAC members are welcome to attend.
Issues discussed at this pre-meeting included the handling of KAC funds, Financial Officer reporting requirements, a review of the budget to be published in the yearbook and presented to the board at the spring meeting, the distribution of funds to KAC districts, and a possible change to secretary note requirements for the yearbook. Other items will be added to the agenda, such as a new Chapbook contest, questions about future sponsorship of the youth awards book, a memorial gift in honor of past president, Prem Bajaj, and any changes recommended to the current job descriptions for elected officers.
Kansas Authors Club
Spring Board Meeting
March 26 Meeting Agenda (tentative as of 3/1/2022)
Call to Order
Reading and Approval of October 2021 Board Minutes
Reports of Officers, standing committees, special committees
- Financial Report – Manager
- Results of member survey
- American Rescue Plan grant request = denied
- Restructuring (defer discussion until after business agenda completed)
- 2022 Budget
- TMS reimbursement request for $50 donation to KS Book Festival
- Prem Bajaj Memorial Fund
- Future of Youth Program Awards Book
- Poetry Chapbook Contest Sponsor – Donation to cover 10 years
- Convention Advertising moved toward a year-long option, integrated with yearbook and newsletters and website
Next meeting is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, August 13, 10am (via Zoom).